November 4, 2013

Weekend in Review

So again we had another pretty calm weekend.  Since we were out of town last weekend, we just took it easy.  
Friday night, we had a bunch of friends over for dinner and a night of playing the game Cards Against Humanity.  I had never heard of this game before, but it is hilarious and kept us playing for a while.  For dinner, we served a trio of meatballs, a basic salad, roasted asparagus, pasta and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.




We served 3 kinds of meatballs: Martha Stewart's Honey-Chipotle Turkey Meatballs, Martha Stewart's Chicken Parm Meatballs, and our own recipe for regular beef meatballs in red sauce.  The Chicken Parm meatballs were the hit of the party - everyone raved how good they were, so I would highly recommend them.  I will also admit, I cheated on the cupcakes and used a box mix.  I just didn't have time to make cupcakes from scratch.  I did make the icing though, which also explains why it is looking so sad. 


Saturday we spent the day running some must needed errands, isn't that what your Saturdays seem to become when you get married?  Then Saturday night we of course had to go watch the FSU vs Miami game.  We went to the old official FSU game watching spot, Mellow Mushroom.  It seemed like a lot of people had the same idea so it was a lot of fun to have so many other FSU fans to watch with.  We won, so that was a great night!  Sunday morning I spent at the gym, which always makes you feel good after.  That afternoon I had to a ton of laundry, which is never fun though.  Sunday night I met a friend for dinner at a local restaurant called Barcelona Wine Bar in Inman Park.  This place was crazy for a Sunday night due to them having half priced wine bottles.  It is a tapas and Spanish wine bar and the food here is really good and if you're a vegetarian, they have a ton of really good options.  My friend who I went with is a vegetarian, so we shared a bunch of their vegetarian tapas.  We left completely stuffed and all caught up after gossiping over wine for hours. 

Hope y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment