November 19, 2013

Subscription Box

So it's that time of the month again - my November Birchbox was delivered! 
 So the theme for the month is More Good, which is basically described as more of everything good.  So let's get on with the good!

The first product in the box is this Bare Love Beauty body lotion.  The description says that it hydrates and improves your skin's vitality.  Sounds pretty interesting - an ultra hydrating lotion. 

There is also this Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm.  I'm really into these BB creams.  I love how they even out your skin tone, are pretty light, and moisturize all at the same time.  This one is no different, it's very smooth, leaves your skin looking glowing and all the same tone and includes sun screen - which is a must for me.  This is definitely a keeper.  

This product is interesting and somewhat scares me.  It is a Chella Highlighter Pencil.  I've never used a highlighter in a pencil form so I'm kind of nervous on how to use it.  I'm going to try it out this week and see if I can figure it out.  There is a tutorial in the Birchbox online magazine so I may need to go check it out.  If I can figure it out I will let everyone see how it looks & works.  

There was a Elite Therapeutics shampoo & conditioner sample also included.  I'm going to tell you that I won't be able to give a review on this for a little while because I'm going to save to these to bring with me on a trip I'm going on soon for a quick weekend.  I will say the one thing I like just from reading the descriptions is that these are both sulfate free, which my hair stylist tells me is much better for my hair.  

The last item in the box was kind of a let down - and I ate it immediately because it sounded so good!  It was a little pretzel covered in chocolate with coconut dusted on it.  Maybe one of the other flavors would have been better, but I just was not a fan of the taste.  The chocolate was a little bitter which I think is what ruined it for me.  I think it needed a sweeter, milk chocolate flavor to go well with the salty pretzel and coconut.



So all in all, this month's box was pretty good.  Definitely getting some better products these days!  I think this would be such a great gift to get someone also! You can buy a month or 2 or 3 for someone as a gift, which I would definitely love to receive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment